The Hong Kong Football Club (HKFC) is one of the largest Sports Clubs in Asia and was established in 1886. hkfc.com
The HKFC Rugby Section has the largest number of rugby players in Hong Kong and founded the Hong Kong Sevens in 1976. At the Senior level, we have 7 Men’s and 2 Women’s Fifteen-a-Side teams and over 1,000 boys and girls playing Youth, Mini and Tots Rugby. https://hkfcrugby.com/
We are looking for a new Director of Rugby for the 2022/23 season with training starting in July 2022 and the season starting in late September/early October 2022. The Senior Men’s and Women’s Teams play in their respective Premier Divisions of Hong Kong Rugby and both teams have several Hong Kong International Fifteen and Seven-a-Side Players.
Applicants will be expected to be a current Director of Rugby at the Elite Level and/or have played and coached at a high level of elite rugby and have excellent commercial and business skills.
• Develop and implement a holistic strategy to ensure the success of the Rugby Section within Hong Kong Football Club.
• Create a clear pathway development system across the Rugby Section with particular focus on (i) fast-tracking talented HK based Youth into the Senior teams and (ii) monitoring junior players who may have taken temporary time out of HK. e.g. for tertiary education.
• Lead recruitment efforts with the 1st team Head Coach to supplement existing and emerging HK based players with high calibre overseas players who fit the traditions of HKFC rugby
• Liaise with Section members, sponsors and other parties with business and employment connections to provide career guidance/opportunities for current players/recruitment targets.
• Provide clear reporting guidelines and review structure for the existing coaches, management and various sub-sections within the Rugby Section.
• Act as a key point of contact with the HKRU to drive the agenda of the Rugby Section and ensure that it is at the forefront of any changes being implemented by the wider rugby community.
• Coordinate activity and coaching education for Youth Rugby.
• Act as a key figurehead and point of contact across the entire Rugby Section, including existing players, coaches, ex-players, sponsors and parents.
• Provide professional and technical oversight of the HKFC Rugby facilities and equipment.
• Represent the Section effectively within the HKFC with other sporting Sections.
• Assist the Rugby Section’s Tens Sub-Committee with HKFC International Tens Tournament.
• Work with Sponsorship Secretary and Sponsorship Agent and liaise and coordinate with Sponsors.
• Plan and coordinate attendance for Level 1 and Level 2 Coaching certifications for Parents/Coaches/ Players across the Section with HKRU.
• Work with the Rugby Section and HKFC finance team to develop and oversee the budgeting and key financial aspects of the Rugby Section.
• Oversee coaches, physiotherapists, strength & conditioning trainers, administrators as needed.
• Take on such other duties as are required by the Rugby Section Committee from time to time.
• University degree or equivalent desirable.
• IRB World Rugby Level 3/4 Coaching Certificate.
• Experience of Playing at a High Standard of rugby.
• Substantial experience in leading programmes and administration in rugby.
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, evaluation and planning skills.
• Proven ability to manage people, budgets and sports facilities.
• High level of computer literacy.
• Strong links with international rugby bodies.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (comfortable presenting internally and to media).
• Awareness/knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues
Please send your CV and application to [email protected]
CLOSING DATE 8th April 2022